Go Girls! Leadership Team!
Are you in a dance company or choir? Do you perform in plays, play instruments or study visual art? Do you have experience working with younger kids? Do you babysit? Do you tutor or read books to little kids at your school? Are you a classroom helper? Have you worked as a camp counselor or intern at a camp before? Do you want to use your gifts to make a difference in the world?
GGLT is for all girls ages 12-15 or rising 7th-9th graders.
How does it work?
- Attend a Spring Leadership Overnight Retreat Weekend. The 2019 GGLT Spring Retreat is scheduled for 4pm on Friday, April 26 - 2pm on Sunday, April 28 in Sonoma, CA.
- Work as Youth Interns inside any of our Go Girls! Camps.
- You MUST commit to at least one full 2-week camp session and you MUST attend the retreat to work at camp.
At the Spring Retreat and during summer camp sessions, you will learn:
- PROJECTING CONFIDENCE- how to be your brightest, boldest self even while feeling insecure or worried
- BOUNDARY SETTING AND KIDPOWER PEOPLE SAFETY SKILLS– how to stay emotionally safe when working with others
- COLLABORATION- how to build performances and make decisions as a team
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT- how to support younger kids through conflicts that may arise
- MINDFULNESS-how to stay calm when things feel chaotic and manage our emotional triggers
- SELF CARE- how to ask for help, notice when you have a need and do what you can to meet it
- EMOTION COACHING- how to express and manage your big feelings, as well as help younger girls, express theirs without trying to fix it or solve a problem for them
- ARTISTIC SKILLS- working closely with professional teaching artists and learning skills across visual and performing arts modalities
- FLOORTIME PLAY THERAPY TECHNIQUES- how to be an “expert player” and role model for younger kids
How much does it cost?
Participation in the Spring Retreat is $650. Girls must participate in the Spring Retreat in order to be eligible for participation in a Go Girls! Summer Camp.
The retreat is led by co-founder Program Director, Chrissy Mulvihill and Go-To Go Girl!, Hannah Gavagan. Fee includes food, lodging, and transportation to and from the retreat; a Go Girls! GGLT t-shirt, journal, and other cool gear; your very own curriculum binder with all your new learning!
In your first year of participation, the price to participate in the camp itself is $300 for one 2-week session and $150 for an additional 2-week session. After your first year, there is no cost to participate in the camp.
Ready to Join us?
- Step 1: Complete the Go Girls! Leadership Team Application (below).
- Step 2: Have a 20-minute interview (over the phone or video conference) with a Go Girls! Camp staff member. She will learn more about you and you will learn more about the program.
- Step 3: Once everyone decides “Yes, let’s do it!,” then, your parents will receive a link to register you for the Spring Retreat as well as the camp sessions you will be attending. Fees to participate in camp sessions are due May 1st.